Today Valve released a gameplay update entitled 7.22h, with some balance changes focusing on tweaking down several popular heroes, armor-related items, and one change on XP. This is a quick overview of all things affected by this update.
This change is aiming to slightly slow down the game's pace by making it a bit harder to level up and reach level-based power spikes.
- Basic Neutrals now give 5% less XP
Find today's Dota 2 live streams and make your predictions - every account starts with $5 so you can try Luckbox risk-free
These nerfs focus on items that grant armor, with particular note that Ring of Protection, a useful early armor item, won't be simply purchasable from the side shop during laning stage.
- Medallion of Courage and Phase Boots armor reduced by 1
- Solar Crest armor reduced by 2
- Ring of Protection no longer available at the Side Shop
These changes mainly targets frequently picked pub heroes like Kunkka and Night Stalker, but most importantly tones down top-tier picks in competitive like Mirana and Tiny.
- Ghostship cooldown increased by 10s
- X Marks the Spot cooldown increased by 8/6/4/2s
- Leap attack speed bonus reduced by 35/30/25/20
- Sacred Arrow projectile speed reduced by 50
- Hunter in the Night attack speed bonus reduced by 10
- Crippling Fear duration reduced by 1s
- Lv20 Damage talent reduced by 10
- Lv25 Hunter in the Night attack speed talent reduced by 30
- Avalanche damage decreased by 15/10/5/0
- Toss cooldown increased by 6/4/2/0s
- Lv10 Mana Regen talent reduced by 1