The last day of the PGL Major Antwerp saw the world's two greatest teams compete for the coveted Major trophy. FaZe came out on top after two heated maps, winning their first Major victory.
The first CS:GO Major of 2022, the PGL Major Antwerp is now over. Twenty-four teams from around the world battled for $1 million in prize money and the title of Major champions, but it was FaZe who lifted the trophy in the end and won the $500,000 prize for the winner with the rest divided between the other teams.
Here’s some numbers and statistics from PGL Major Antwerp 2022, that might give you an idea of what to expect from the teams that will be attending the IEM Dallas next week and how legendary the esports scene of Counter Strike has become.
Overall Statistics for PGL Major Antwerp 2022
Here's a quick overview from the leaderboards and some highlight statistics in an infographic
Best player of the PGL Major Antwerp 2022: MVP is rain
In the much anticipated grand finals taking place in Belgium, FaZe Clan defeated NAVI with a score of 2:0.
The 27-year-old Norwegian cyberathlete finished PGL Major Antwerp 2022 with a 1.24 rating, one of the highest in his career. Rain also finished the grand final with an individual rating of 1.49, making him the team's top player according to HLTV's charts.
He truely dominated the landscape at Antwerps Sportpaleis in Belgium from May 9 to 22, dwarfing the legends s1mple and ZywOo.
Rain is back to his best, with an insane 0.24 OpKPR on CT and an equally outstanding (percent range wise) 0.14 OpKPR on T side.
The Norwegian is not just impressing in the opening rounds. He has at least one kill in 48.5 percent of rounds, which is only one of several factors that contribute to his overall 1.15 Rating out of 2.0. This is an excellent result for someone who has an initial duel in 30% of rounds, where players die most often and usually aim for trading.
Broky's radar chart is the least octagonal of our 10 finalists due to his deliberate reluctance to beginning duels.
Denis "electroNic" Sharipov, whose 1.79 overall rating out of 2.0 in that series served as a powerful reminder of his brilliance in the first year.
Valeriy "b1t" Vakhovskiy was the top group stage player, with a 1.43 total rating.
Last but not least is Aleksandr "s1mple" Kostyliev. He had just 35 hours of gameplay during the RMRs, placing him in the middle of the list, as opposed to his normal top form due to a shortage of playtime.
He is still the finest player in the world, according to Mareks "YEKINDAR" Gainskis. We haven't seen the leaderboard dominating form we're used to from s1mple due to b1t’s excellence in groups. Where s1mple excels are the playoffs so the results aren't very surprising. He is still the legend.
PGL Antwerp Major viewer numbers – Peak viewership breaks the insane 2 million mark
The Grand Final of the 2022 PGL Major Antwerp attracted over 2 million views, marking it the most-watched CSGO tournament of the year thus far.
Not only was the match very fun to watch, but it also made the PGL Major the most-watched CSGO tournament of 2022 thus far, with over 2 million people tuning in from all around the world.
The final figure for watchers of the 2022 PGL Major came in at a peak of 2,048,282 people from across the world watching the Grand Final across multiple streams, according to Esports Charts
The previous record, set by the ELEAGUE Major 2017 with 1,331,781 viewers at one time, has been completely smashed by the last two PGL Majors. Following the PGL Major Stockholm 2021, the following CS:GO tournaments received the most attention:
- PGL Major Stockholm 2021 – Peak Viewers (2,748, 434) and Average Viewers (586,218)
- PGL Major Antwerp 2022 – Peak Viewers (2,113,610) and Average Viewers (593,061)
- 2017 ELEAGUE Major – 1,331,781
- 2018 ELEAGUE MAJOR – 1,329,096
- IEM Katowice, Poland — 1,205,103
Esports Charts analysts also provided more detailed PGL Major Antwerp 2022 viewership statistics. In particular, the average viewers count of the event's live streams except Chinese streaming platforms amounted to 1,095,675.
The top 5 most popular PGL Major Antwerp 2022 matches:
1. FaZe – NAVI, grand final (2,048,282 viewers)
2. ENCE – NAVI, semifinal (1,161,446 viewers)
3. Heroic – NAVI, quarterfinal (1,148,742 viewers)
4. FaZe – Team Spirit, semifinal (1,135,068 viewers)
5. G2 – FURIA, Legends Stage (1,114,137 viewers)
Results of PGL Major Antwerp 2022
CSGO's PGL Antwerp Major 2022 was unquestionably memorable and will be written down in esports history. Karrigan, rain, and the rest of FaZe gave NAVI no room to breathe as they won the trophy and the $500,000 cash prize with a 2-0 victory.
- 1st place: FaZe Clan - $500,000 + 1,800 EPT points + 4,000 BLAST Premier points + slot to BLAST Premier: World Final 2022.
- 2nd place: NAVI — $150,000 + 1,400 EPT points + 2,000 BLAST Premier points.
- 3rd-4th place: Team Spirit and ENCE — $70,000 + 1,100 EPT points + 1,250 BLAST Premier points.
- 5th-8th place: Ninjas in Pajamas, Copenhagen Flames, Heroic and FURIA — $35,000 + 700 EPT points + 375 BLAST Premier points.
- 9th-11th place: Team Vitality, Imperial Esports and G2 Esports - $8,750 + 330 EPT points.
- 12th-14th place: BIG, Outsiders and Cloud9 - $8,750 + 200 EPT points.
- 15-16th place: Team Liquid and Bad News Eagles - $8,750 + 105 EPT points.
- 17th-19th place: Astralis, MIBR and forZe - 60 EPT points.
- 20th-22nd place: IHC Esports, Complexity Gaming and Eternal Fire + 20 EPT points.
- 23rd-24th place: Renegades and 9z.
As is customary in CS:GO, the struggle never ends. 13 of the teams will be back in action in only one week at the IEM Masters Dallas.
Don’t forget to claim your first deposit bonus by using code GLHF. Click below to sign up!