Lost Ark's April update, Battle for the Throne of Chaos, arrives today. The update, which includes a new continent, new advanced class, quality of life updates and many bug fixes, meet with the players today.
Servers were shut down on April 21 at 10:00 CEST for the new update. Around 14:00 CEST, the servers were reopened. Let's take a look at what will come with the update.
New advanced class - Glaivier
Glaivier, a new martial artist advanced class, is one of the most interesting content of the update. Glaivier has two distinct skill sets. She can switch between Focus and Flurry sets. You can focus on what you want with certain builds. You can also use both sets and benefit from Glaivier to her full potential. Glaive uses a shorter spear in Focus stance and longer glaive in Flurry stance. You can check out the trailer of the advanced class, known as Lance Master on other servers, for her release on the Korean server, below.
New continent - South Vern
A new continent of Arkesia will be opened to the heroes of Arkesia. Borrowing technologies from many different races, South Vern settlers turned this once-barren land into a place of abundant water and green pastures. Hearing of the dangerous things happening in North Vern, the Senate ordered South Vern's closure. Thinking there might be a problem, Ealyn, the Vern Queen, ordered Knight Commander Avele to investigate.
It's up to you to discover what's going on i this peaceful continent. The story of South Vern, which will end with an epic battle that can change the future of Arkesia, excites the players. The only Tier 3 continent in the game was Punika. With South Vern, that number will increase to two. The item level required to start the South Vern story is 1340.
Players who have already completed or will finish Feiton's main story quest "Will" will receive a Feiton Powerpass. With this powerpass, you will be able to make an alternate character's item level 960 and the story will be completed including Feiton. Feiton Powerpass will be available until June 30.
Express mission event
With this new event, you will be able to choose your character who is level 50 but whose item level is below 1000 and you will be able to do Express Missions. This character, who will be equipped with 302 item level gears, will face significant honing and progression rewards. You will find an abundance of materials in the continents of North Vern, Rohendel, Yorn and Feiton. Many things are waiting for you in terms of silver, honing materials, major potions, engraving and many other rewards.
With this event, it is planned that new users will be able to catch up with their friends more quickly. Even if you are already in Tier 3, you can take advantage of this event for a new character. Completing all missions will give a very impactful reward, so you should pay attention to this event. This event will also be in the game until June 30.
With the Ark Pass, players will receive significant rewards while playing Lost Ark. Players who complete Missions will earn Ark Pass level. You will get new rewards with each level. Regular Ark Pass will be free. Besides this Regular Ark Pass, which will contain many rewards, players will be able to get two more Ark Passes in two extra levels, Premium and Super Premium. This will add extra rewards to the level progress. Ark Pass will be roster wide.
Premium Pass costs 1500 royal crystals, while Super Premium costs 3000 royal crystals. You will be able to purchase these passes until June 18. Your progress will continue until July 14.
General store updates and new skin sets
- Glaivier special packages have been added, including the Graceful Monkey skin set. The Noble Banquet skin collection has also been added to the in-game store for players interested in purchasing separately from the Premium Ark Pass.
- A few other minor store updates will take place in the April Update. Some item quantities have been adjusted in Mari’s Secret Shop, and a few new Crystal bundles are available in the in-game store.
- Added a 25-day track of new daily log-in rewards.
- Improved co-op party play for Secret Maps. Now all four members can submit a map to get rewards with one run. No more worrying about someone dropping from your group after you used your map!
- Chat tab changes will now be shared across your roster.
- Modified voice chat volume settings to stay within a medium range of volume outputs.
- Updated the server selection screen background.
- Increased available character slots from 12 to 18.
- Fixed an issue where skill tree info is not shown when viewing PvP skill info from Book Of Coordination while in a Custom Lobby.
- Improved Book of Coordination settings. Players can now set up skill presets, tripod levels, skill runes, gems, item set effects, etc.
- Updated text to better detail certain Welcome Challenges.
- Adjusted rewards drop location for Naruna Hot Springs.
- Added additional controller settings allowing users to tweak the pointer speed and thumbstick deadzone.
- Added a new button in Custom PvP Lobbies allowing users to view all players’ active Book of Coordination presets.
- Added an option to clear all text within the active chat tab when right-clicking.
- Added a new setting allowing players to disable the virtual keyboard while using a controller.
- Fixed an issue that caused unnatural movement in the sails of the “The Great Journey” wallpaper.
- Fixed an issue that prevented push-to-talk voice while the ‘Game Menu’ or the ‘Settings Menu’ were open.
- Fixed an issue that caused enemies to spawn too close to certain NPCs, making it difficult to interact with them.
- Fixed an issue that directed players to the wrong area in the “A Nose For News” quests.
- Fixed an issue that prevented text from appearing in the text-to-speech chat tab.
- Fixed an issue that caused an "Unknown Error" message to appear while traversing the Foul Hollow dungeon.
- Fixed an issue that caused the untradeable version of the Destruction Punisher Skin Set to only apply to 1 slot.
- Fixed an issue where the “Armen Stopping the Threat” cutscene was not available in the Memory Chamber.
- Fixed an issue that caused the event timer shown on the map to be offset based on the player’s time zone.
- Fixed an issue that prevented VO in several cinematics from being heard while playing as a female class.
- Fixed an issue that caused an “Unknown Error" to be displayed when attempting to equip a compass that couldn’t be equipped.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the “Immersed in Death” quest from being completed when reconnecting after equipping the necromancer disguise.
- Fixed an issue that caused VO lines during Abyss Dungeons to be inaudible.
- Fixed an issue that caused some text in the Book of Coordination to not display in the correct language in French, German, or Spanish.
- Fixed an issue where another character’s VO was played while Armen was speaking during the “Belated Help” quest.
- Fixed an issue causing debug text to be shown when opening more than one engraving selection chest at a time.
- Fixed an issue that prevented ‘Trusted’ players from initiating a trade with a new or non-trusted account.
- Fixed an issue that caused the total and online member count within the ‘Guild Menu’ to not display while using a non-English language.
- Fixed an issue with controllers that caused some buttons to become unresponsive after skipping cutscenes.
- Fixed an issue that caused certain tool-tips to be missing from the controller ‘Settings Menu’.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the context menu from being opened with a controller in the ‘Friends Menu’.
The April update is the biggest update since Lost Ark launched in February. Players also seem to be quite pleased with this update. Now that you have learned what you need to know about the update, we wish you pleasant moments at Arkesia.
If you are interested in esports as well as online games, you can follow the matches of your favourite team and players on Luckbox, and place bets on them.