Every week, we are choosing key esports events that we believe should not be missed.
Here’s a rundown of important esports events that’s about to happen during the fourth week of March.
League of Legends – LCK, LEC, CBLOL Spring 2022 Playoffs
As these three spring leagues draw to a close, their playoffs are just around the corner.
Here’s a look at the format, prize pool, dates and schedules of the upcoming finals.
LCK 2022 Spring Playoffs
The LCK 2022 Spring Playoffs are the first playoffs of Korea's professional League of Legends league under partnership. Six teams compete for the LCK title and MSI qualification. Playoffs will run from 23 of March to 2nd of April.
- Top six teams from the Spring Season participate
- Single elimination bracket
- 1st and 2nd seed receive a bye to the semifinals
- Quarterfinals - 3rd seed faces 6th seed, 4th seed faces 5th seed
- Semifinals - 1st seed chooses their pick of opponent from the quarterfinal, 2nd seed faces the remaining team
- Finals - Winners from semifinals play each other
- Matches are best of five
- Winner qualifies for the 2022 Mid-Season Invitational
₩ 375,000,000 South Korean Won (around $310,000) will be spread among the teams.
LCK 2022 Spring Finals to be held at KINTEX in April, will have live audience:
On Saturday, April 2, the LCK Spring Finals will be held at the KINTEX. For the first time in three years, Korean League of Legends fans will be able to witness their home league's finals in person, with live audiences now welcome at the iconic Goyang exhibition centre.
The championship fight will take place at the KINTEX's second theatre, which has a capacity of 7,000 people. It will be the first time since late 2019 that an LCK final will be played in front of a live audience.
LEC 2022 Spring Playoffs
The LEC's regular season in 2022 The Spring Split has come to an end, with Rogue maintaining their firstposition throughout the eight weeks. Following the conclusion of the regular season, the top six clubs in the LEC will compete in the Spring Playoffs, which will begin on March 25 and last until early April. Today, Riot Games provided fans a sneak peek at the forthcoming bouts.
The LEC officially released the bracket for the Spring Playoffs following the final match of the regular season, in which Rogue, Fnatic, G2 Esports, Misfits, Excel Esports, and Team Vitality will compete for the title of Spring champions. Teams are separated into an upper and lower bracket, like in past incarnations of the playoffs, with the top four teams receiving significant rewards.
Patch 12.5b will be used during the playoffs of the 2022 LEC Spring Split
- Double Elimination
- All matches are Bo5
- Winner qualifies for Mid-Season Invitational 2022
€200,000 EUR (around $219,838)
CBLOL Split 1 2022
- 10 teams participate
- Double Round Robin
- Matches are best of one
- Top six teams advance to Playoffs
- Top four teams play in the winners bracket
- 5th and 6th play in the losers bracket
- Ties are broken by the following methods:
- Head-to-head record during regular season
- Wins in the second half of the split
- Shortest combined game time (for the team's wins)
- If still tied, a tiebreaker game will be played
R$ 70,000 Brazilian Reais (around $79,879) will be spread among the teams
Rainbow Six: Siege SA leagues kick off
The APAC leagues have already started, and the North American league is just two weeks aways. This week sees the beginning of South American leagues which pave way to Copa Elite Six
Brasileirão 2022 - Stage 1, Campeonato Mexicano 2022 - Stage 1, Campeonato Mexicano 2022 Season
As we all know South America is the land of Rainbow Six and teams will battle it out for the championship in the upcoming months.
Format for the tournaments are not yet announced but it’s highly likely that they will be in a single round robin format, with an unannounced prize pool except for a seed in in Copa Elite Six for the first 4 teams.
2022 Global StarCraft II League Season 1: Code S
Qualifiers are over and the grand league for the SC2 begins on March 21. It will run until May 5th and will conclude with the playoffs. Details are as follows:
- Group Stage 1:
- Dual Tournament Format.
- All matches are Bo3.
- Top 2 players of each group advance to the Group Stage 2.
- Group Stage 2:
- Round Robin Format.
- All matches are Bo3.
- Player in 1st place of each group advances to the Playoffs Semifinals.
- Players in 2nd and 3rd place of each group advance to the Round of 6.
- Round of 6:
- Players in 2nd place play each other and the winner advances to the Playoffs.
- Players in 3rd place play each other and the loser is eliminated.
- Loser of "2nd vs 2nd Match" and Winner of "3rd vs 3rd Match" play each other and the winner advances to the Playoffs.
- All matches are Bo3.
- Single-elimination bracket.
- Semifinals matches are Bo5.
- Finals are Bo7.
- Semifinalists are seeded in the upcoming 2022 GSL Season 2.
Finals will be held in Seoul and the league will have a prize pool of $123,000. Here’s the list of participants and more info on the league
Rocket League Championship Series 2021-22 – Winter Split Major
The RLCS 2021-22 Winter Split Major will be held at the FaceIt Studio and the YouTube Theater in Los Angeles, California.
Group Stage - March 23rd - 25th, 2022
- 16 teams - split into 4 groups of 4.
- Round Robin Bo5
- In the event of 2 teams being tied on the same record, a Bo5 tiebreaker match will be played out to separate the two teams.
- In the event of 3 teams being tied on the same record, the following 3 tiebreakers will be used with the order outlined below to remove one of the teams from the contention towards a tiebreaker match:
- Game Differential
- Game Differential among tied teams
- Initial Seed
- When 3 teams tie on a 2-1 record, the team that places lowest within the tiebreaker criteria will be awarded 3rd place in the group. The other 2 teams will play a Bo5 tiebreaker match for 1st place.
- When 3 teams tie on a 1-2 record, the team that places highest within the tiebreaker criteria will be awarded 2nd place in the group. The other 2 teams will play a Bo5 tiebreaker match for 3rd place.
- Winner of each group qualifies to the Winners Bracket of the Playoffs.
- Places 2 and 3 of each group qualify to the Losers Bracket of the Playoffs.
- 4th place of each group is eliminated.
- Playoffs - March 25th - 27th, 2022 - Crowd Days: March 26th & 27th
- Double Elimination Bracket.
- Upper Bracket: All matches are Bo7.
- Lower Bracket: Round 1 and 2 are Bo5. Quarterfinals, Semifinals and Finals are Bo7.
- Grand Finals are Bo7 with a Bracket Reset, where the team coming from the Lower Finals must win 2 Bo7 series.
$300,000 and RLCS Circuit Ranking Points will be spread among the teams