Gambling and sports are inextricably linked in the modern world, and esports is heading in the same direction. Whether it's Dota 2, League of Legends, Counter-Strike, VALORANT, or another game you enjoy betting on, there's probably money being wagered on it already.
However, because money is at stake, you should check to see if the betting site provides a dependable platform as well as some fundamentals. Does it have a full gambling licence in your region and provide complete player protection? Does it offer a wide range of betting options or esports odds such as outright, match result, number of kills, and so on? Are you getting the best VALORANT betting odds available? After all, where is the best place to bet on VALORANT games?
At Luckbox, we have them all. You can safely place your bets on your favourite esports and teams with Luckbox. Just don’t forget: Bet responsibly and only bet what you can afford.
Let’s start with the basics.
More esports betting guides
How to bet on VALORANT: The basics
The most popular way to bet on VALORANT matches is to simply pick which team you predict is going to win a particular match-up. Whether using your phone or your computer, just select the team you predict to win, and your prediction will be added to your betslip. Then enter the amount you want to bet, and hit 'Place Bet'.
At Luckbox, there is a number next to each bet type. This number is frequently a decimal number in Europe. If you bet on one of the markets described below, this number represents the market multipliers. If the market conditions are met, the money you put on the market of your choice will be multiplied by that number. If you bet on a market with odds of 2.00, the money you put up is deducted, and if you win, you will receive twice the amount you put up.
It’s better to explain with an example. If you bet €10 on a market with odds of 2.0, you are first debited €10 when you bet and then credited €20 if you win (net win = €10). If the odds were 1.20, you would risk €10 to win €12 (10 x 1.2 = 12, net win = €2). If the odds were 1.50, you would risk €10 for a return of €15 - your net win being €5.
Underdogs: Gain a lot, risk a lot
The underdog is the team with the lowest chance of winning a game. Higher odds indicate that the underdog will win the game or get more kills. This means that betting on the underdog can provide a higher return on your initial investment if you're willing to take more risks.
While it is always exciting to see an underdog win, it may be risky in the long run.
There is another option Luckbox is offering: Combo betting. In traditional betting, this would be mentioned as accumulator bets. You can decide to accumulate some markets. Your combo bet will win if ALL the conditions are met.
A combo bet is when you combine more than one selection on a betting slip. This means that unlike single bets in which you wager on only one game you wager on two selections and up.
Combination bets enable bettors to wager with much lower stakes compared to betting on only one game. In doing so, they allow players to get some astronomically high winnings with only a modest stake because of the multiplying odds. But if one of your wagers fails to achieve its outcome, so is your combo bet.
In this particular example, you can decide to bet on Team A @1.45 and Team B @1.84. If you place a combo bet, your final odds will be 1.45 x 1.84 = 2.66.
When you combo bet on both teams and they win, you are debited €1 to place your bet. €2.66 will be credited back to your account if Team A AND Team B wins, meaning even If only a single team loses out of the others, so is your €1.
Keep in mind that this is a risk high - gain high situation. You are increasing your risk of losing your initial investment as your bet is lost if only one condition of your combo is not met, with a possibility of a greater reward.
Luckbox is committed to staying close to the action and offers live betting on every VALORANT professional game, with live streams available in any of the available languages, all with a single click.
You can place bets on VALORANT games while watching them to improve your decision-making process. Many of the markets described below will be available for live betting, and you can watch the stream in 'normal' or 'theatre' mode.
Luckbox gives you the chance to make real-money predictions on your favourite sports events, safe and secure. You can bet on all major games like Valorant and more. It's easy to Sign-up and play.
You can create your account now, add funds and make your predictions on your favourite teams. And to get you started we'll double your first deposit as a welcome bonus.
Do it legally, do it safe
When betting on VALORANT, you want to make sure you're doing so in a secure and legal environment, such as Luckbox. From the perspective of the user, this is significant because it means that the operator and the people behind it follow governing regulations in order to prevent and resolve any disputes.
So, when deciding where to bet on VALORANT, it's critical to choose carefully: not only do you need the skill and knowledge to pick a winner, but you also need to know that your money is safe.
Betting on VALORANT with real money
Betting on VALORANT with real money obviously incurs some risk. Gambling should always be fun and you should only ever bet what you can afford to lose. You must be 18 to bet and in a country where the operator is licensed.
Esports betting should be fun and you should never bet more than you can afford to lose.
To find out more about gambling safely, head to Luckbox's responsible gambling information page.
Don’t miss the Free Bets
Most esports betting sites, including Luckbox, offer free bets or bonus codes to attract and retain customers. These offers are great for trying out bets without risking too much initially. With free bets, make sure you know the rules and what you need to do to qualify. Some providers require you to place a certain number of bets before you can cash out any winnings.
Read the terms and conditions carefully and if you are not sure, contact support. They will be happy to help you.
Types of VALORANT Bets
At Luckbox, we have some typical VALORANT bets including:
- VALORANT Match result - Who will win the match?
- Correct score - The result of the match (for example, 2-1 or 2-0 in a best-of-three).
- Map winner - Who will win map 1, who wins map 2?
- Total maps - Will there be two maps or three maps in a best-of-three?
- Total rounds in a given map - Will the number of rounds in map one be higher or lower than a given number?
- Advantage betting - Will team A win with a plus or minus head start?
- Race to 5 or 10 rounds - Who will get to 5 rounds or 10 rounds in a given map?
- Overtime - Will a given map go to overtime?
- Live betting: What about a live bet on VALORANT with a single tap on your favourite team’s game-play screen? Tempted by a punt on the next kill? With Luckbox, it's possible to make your bets via VALORANT live betting.
VALORANT betting info resources
The VLORANT API is open source allowing third parties to directly take any public game information from the client. This allows multiple websites to offer extensive data services. Among the most useful and credible in the community are tracker.gg/valorant and dak.gg/valorant/.
On these databases, you can find teams, events, matches, games, and players, all with clean boarded statistics that can be adjusted by a variety of game variables. Pre-game analysis, scenario speculation, and game dynamics hypotheses are all possible. Every tower, VALORANT team, and player's net worth or XP throughout the game is displayed in real time via an efficient and attractive UI. Is your current wager failing? Checking these databases that use API for the game live data feed is the quickest way to find out why and to what extent.
What’s next on VALORANT betting
With the conclusion of IEM Katowice, here’s a peek at the upcoming major VALORANT events with the biggest prize pools in 2022.
- VALORANT Champions Tour 2022: EMEA Challengers Promotion - Prize Pool: TBA
- VALORANT Champions Tour 2022: Masters Stage 1 - Prize Pool: TBA
- VALORANT Champions 2022 - Prize Pool: TBA
Don’t miss the good content
You've covered the fundamentals, created a Luckbox account, and are ready to wager on VALORANT. Congratulations! Before you leave, here are some ideas to broaden your interests and deepen your knowledge.
- For better understanding of VALORANT esports and where to pay attention while watching VALORANT competitions, read How to watch a VALORANT match
- If you want to know more about ingame economy which has a crucial role and huge importance on providing advantage, read VALORANT Economy Guide 2022
- To see which teams are shining on the VALORANT esports scene, see Top 10 VALORANT teams of 2021
- Check out overviews for some VALORANT Agents: Sage and Reyna
Best teams to bet on VALORANT in 2022
Let’s take a look at some of the best teams to bet on in VALORANT as of 2022:
- Acend - Current reigning champions and winners of VALORANT Champions 2021
- Gambit Esports - Runner up to Acend. They continue their dominant run in Valorant Champions Tour 2022.
- Team Liquid - By the end of the previous year, Liquid established itself as one of the best Valorant teams and finished 3rd-4th in the Valorant Champions 2021, they have a tendency to win when all odds are against them.
- Fnatic - Despite a 5th-8th place finish at the Champions tournament, Fnatic (FNC) moved up two places in the VALORANT Power Rankings after putting in a better performance at the tournament than at previous events.
- Cloud9 Blue - The only NA team to survive the group stage of VALORANT Champions 2021, they were eliminated by Team Liquid of Europe.
Luckbox lives and breathes esports. If you are looking for the best teams to bet on VALORANT through a legal and safe bookmaker for esports betting, sign up now on Luckbox for VALORANT live betting, information on best VALORANT betting odds, esports betting and more. Keep updated on our news page for esports odds and news.