You have been following League of Legends for a while and you think you know pretty much who's going to win and when. You want to be a high-roller and bet with real money on your favourite LCK games. Or maybe you are a casual fan who wants to get more involved and bet on an LCS team making it. It's important to be close to the action and it takes strong analytical and management skills to win a bet on LoL.
It may seem overwhelming at first, but do not worry. We are here to help you. Luckbox offers you an easy way to keep up to date with your favourite teams and events through our filters and search boxes on the LoL matches page.
More esports betting guides
Do it legally, do it safe
Whether you are betting on LoL, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Dota 2 or VALORANT, you want to be sure you are doing so in a safe and legal environment like Luckbox. From a user's point of view, this is important because it means that the operator and the people behind it abide by the rules in place to avoid and resolve disputes.
So you must choose carefully where you want to bet on League of Legends: Not only do you need the skill and knowledge to pick a winner, but you also need to be sure that your money is protected.
Let us start with the basics.
How to bet on LoL: The basics
Understanding the odds
Under each type of bet at Luckbox you will find a number. This number stands for the bet multiplier. The amount you bet is multiplied by this number if you win the bet.
An example makes this much easier to understand. If you bet €10 on a market with odds of 2.0, you will first be debited €10 if you bet and then credited €20 if you win (net profit = €10). At odds of 1.20, you would risk €10 to win €12 (10 x 1.2 = 12, net win = €2). At odds of 1.50, you would risk €10 to win €15 - so your net win is €5.
As a rule of thumb, stronger teams with better chances of winning have a lower betting multiplier. This brings the term 'underdog' into play.
Underdogs: High risk, high gain
The underdog is the team that is less likely to win a match. Higher odds are associated with the underdog winning the match or getting more kills. This means that betting on the underdog offers higher returns on your initial investment if you are willing to take higher risks.
While it is always fun to bet on the underdog to win, it can be risky in the long run.
There is another option that Luckbox offers: Combo betting. In traditional betting, this would be called a combination bet. Your combination bet wins if ALL the conditions are met.
With a combination bet, you combine more than one selection on a betting slip. This means that, unlike single bets where you bet on one match only, you bet on two selections and more.
With combination bets, you can bet with much lower stakes than with bets on only one match. In this way, you can make very high profits with a modest stake, as the odds multiply. But if one of your bets does not work out, your combination bet is also void.
In this particular example, you can decide to bet on Team A @1.45 and Team B @1.84. If you place a combo bet, your final odds will be 1.45 x 1.84 = 2.66.
When you combo bet on both teams and they win, you are debited €1 to place your bet. €2.66 will be credited back to your account if Team A AND Team B wins, meaning even If only a single team loses out of the others, so is your €1.
Keep in mind that this is a risk high - gain high situation. You are increasing your risk of losing your initial investment as your bet is lost if only one condition of your combo is not met, with a possibility of a greater reward.
Luckbox is dedicated to staying close to the action, offering live betting on every professional LoL game, with live streams in all available languages. They are all just a click away. You can also bet on LoL games as you watch them to streamline your decision-making process. Many markets will be available for live betting and you can also watch the stream in "normal" or "theatre" mode.
Luckbox gives you the chance to make real-money predictions on your favourite sports events, safe and secure. You can bet on all major games like League of Legends and more and It's easy to Sign-up and play.
You can create your account now, add funds and make your predictions on your favourite teams.
While the match outcome is the most popular betting type, there are also other betting options where you can use your in-depth knowledge of the game and add to your winnings. Do you think Edward Gaming will kill the first Baron in the first map of the match against Gen.G? You can bet on it.
Here is the comprehensive list for LoL betting alternatives:
- Match - Winner: This is the most common bet and simply the outcome of the game or betting on the winning team. Who will win the Match/Map? Do you strongly believe one team will emerge victorious? This is your area.
- Match - Maps Handicap: If your analysis has spotted a clear opportunity in game 1 (for example Team A has not lost a game 1 for years or Team B has never won any), you might choose to bet on a single map. Alternatively, you might have no idea about how those two teams would perform against each other and you'd rather save your bet trigger for Map 2.
- Match - Total Maps (Over/under): How many maps will be played in a particular match? You can make your prediction over or under the designated threshold and make your bet.
- Match - Correct Score: If you have a good prediction of the score outcome, you can bet on that.
- Map - Winner: This is pretty self-explanatory. You can make your bet to predict who will win the particular map.
- Map - Kills first to reach: You can bet on a team to hit a certain kill number.
- Map - First Baron: You can choose to bet on the team to kill the first Baron.
- Map - First Inhibitor: You can choose to bet on the team to destroy the first Inhibitor.
- Map - First Dragon: You can choose to bet on the team to kill the first Dragon.
Betting on LoL with real money
Betting on LoL with real money obviously incurs some risk. Gambling should always be fun and you should only ever bet what you can afford to lose. You must be 18 to bet and in a country where the operator is licensed.
Esports betting should be fun and you should never bet more than you can afford to lose.
To find out more about gambling safely, head to Luckbox's responsible gambling information page.
Don’t miss the Free Bets
Most esports betting sites, including Luckbox, offer free bets or bonus codes to attract and retain customers. These offers are great for trying out bets without risking too much initially. With free bets, make sure you know the rules and what you need to do to qualify. Some providers require you to place a certain number of bets before you can cash out any winnings.
Read the terms and conditions carefully and if you are not sure, contact support. They will be happy to help you.
LoL betting tips: Do your research
The LoL API is open source allowing third parties to directly take any public game information from the client. This allows multiple websites to offer extensive data services. Among the most useful and credible in the community are euw.op.gg and leagueofgraphs.com.
On these databases, you can find teams, events, matches, games, and players, all that in clean-boarded statistics adjustable by multiple game variables. Perfect for pre-game analysis, drafting scenario speculations and game dynamics hypotheses. Every tower, LoL teams and players’ net worth or XP over the game is displayed through an efficient and nice UI in real-time. Is your current bet going wrong? The fastest way to know why and to what extent is to check these databases which use API for the game's live data feed.
What’s next on LoL betting?
Here’s a peek at the upcoming major LoL events with the biggest prize pools in 2023.
- Mid-Season Invitational 2023 - Prize Pool: TBA
- EMEA Masters Spring 2023 - Prize Pool: €150,000
- LCK Challengers League 2023 Spring - Prize Pool: $49,631.38
- LEC Spring 2023 - Prize Pool: $84,658.41
- LCS Spring 2023 - Prize Pool: $200,000
- Worlds 2023 - Prize Pool: TBA
What else you need to know
You got the basics, signed up for a Luckbox account and are ready to bet on LoL. Congratulations! Before you go, we have some tips for you to broaden your interest and deepen your knowledge.
- To take a quick peek at LoL history, read the article: History of Esports: LoL
- If you need to know more about LoL terms, read Esports lingo - LoL terms you need to know
- Things to focus on when watching LoL
- To have an idea of how individual champions can make a difference on the outcome, read some of the champion spotlights: Ahri, Zeri, Renata Glasc
Best teams to bet on LoL in 2023
Let’s take a look at some of the best teams to bet on in LoL as of 2022:
- Team Liquid: They have a roster full of high-performance veterans and currently dominating the LCS
- Royal Never Give Up: One of the top contenders and world-famous teams from China.
- Fnatic: One of the best teams in the Western league. Competing with Rogue for the top spot in LEC Spring 2022
- EDward Gaming: EDward Gaming faced off against Royal Never Give Up, who they managed to beat 3-2. With yet another 3-2 victory against Gen.G Esports in the semi-finals, they faced DAMWON Gaming in the finals. After falling behind 1-2, they managed to win the final two games to take home their first-ever League of Legends World Championship, bringing the Summoner's Cup back to China.
Luckbox lives and breathes esports. If you are looking for the best teams to bet on LoL through a legal and safe bookmaker for esports betting, visit Luckbox and sign up now for LoL live betting, information on best LoL betting odds, esports betting, and more.
Keep updated on our news page for esports odds and news.