Gambling and sports are intrinsically linked in the modern world, and esports is going in that direction too. Whether it is Dota 2, League of Legends, Counter-Strike or some other game you love to bet on, there is probably money being staked on it already.
And no game lends itself to a bet more than CS:GO right now.
But as there’s money at stake, you should check if the betting site provides a reliable platform and provide some basics. Does it hold a full gambling licence in your region that offers complete player protection? Does it provide a wide variety of betting options or esports odds such as outright, match result, number of kills, etc? Are you getting the best CS:GO betting odds available? Where is the best place to bet on CS:GO matches after all?
At Luckbox, we have them all. You can safely place your bets on your favourite esports and teams with Luckbox. Just don’t forget: Bet responsibly and only bet what you can afford.
More esports betting guides
How to bet on CS:GO: The basics
The most popular way to bet on CS:GO matches is to simply pick which team you predict is going to win a particular match-up. Whether using your phone or your computer, just select the team you predict to win, and your prediction will be added to your betslip. Then enter the amount you want to bet, and hit 'Place Bet'. If you don’t have a Luckbox account you can click here to create your own.
Under every bet type at Luckbox, there is a number. In Europe, this number is often a decimal number. If you bet on one of the markets described below this number represents the multipliers assigned to markets. The money you put on the market of your choice will be multiplied by that number if the conditions of the market meet.
If you are betting on a market with odds of 2.00, the money you are putting at stake is debited and you will retrieve twice the amount you put if you win.
If you bet €10 on a market with odds of 2.0, you are first debited €10 when you bet and then credited €20 if you win (net win = €10). If the odds were 1.20, you would risk €10 to win €12 (10 x 1.2 = 12, net win = €2). If the odds were 1.50, you would risk €10 for a return of €15 - your net win being €5.
What is an underdog?
The underdog is the team that is less likely to win a game. Of course, higher odds are associated to the underdog winning the game or getting more kills. This means that betting on the underdog offers higher returns on your initial stake.
To increase your betting returns, you can try to pick an underdog. While this is always fun to catch an underdog win, it can prove a higher-risk strategy over the long run.
There is another option Luckbox is offering: combo betting. In traditional betting, this would be mentioned as accumulator bets. You can decide to accumulate some markets. Your combo bet will win if ALL the conditions are met.
In this particular example, you can decide to bet on Ninjas In Pyjamas @1.45 and Team Sirius @1.84. If you place a combo bet, your final odds will be 1.45 x 1.84 = 2.66.
When you combo bet on both Ninjas In Pyjamas and Team Sirius to win, you are debited €1 to place your bet. €2.66 will be credited back to your account if NiP AND Team Sirius win. If only one of the team loses, your €1 is lost.
Keep in mind that you are increasing your risk of losing your initial investment as your bet is lost if only one condition of your combo is not met.
Luckbox is focused on staying the closest to the action and is offering live betting on every CS:GO professional game, with live streams associated in any of the available languages it is in, one click away.
You can bet on CS:GO games as you are watching them to optimise your decision-making process. A lot of the below described markets will be available to bet live and you can watch the stream in 'normal' or 'theatre' mode too.
Luckbox gives you the chance to make real-money predictions on your favourite sports events, safe and secure. You can bet on all major games like CS:GO and more and if you sign up now, you can enjoy a 100% bonus on your first deposit.
Do it legally, do it safe
When you are betting on Counter-Strike, you want to be sure you do so in a safe and legal environment like Luckbox. From a user point of view, this is important because that means the operator and the people behind it adhere to governing regulations to prevent and solve any dispute. So, it's important to choose carefully when deciding where to bet on CS:GO: Not only do you need the skill and knowledge to pick a winner, you need to be sure that your money is protected.
If you’re ready, let’s start with the basics.
Why CS:GO betting is getting popular
A combination of the more mature audience and large number of variables within play means the game is ideal for betting, and that development of the market is not going to slow anytime soon. CS:GO is immensely popular in the esports arena and gambling is a fun addition for sure.
The schedule for upcoming matches can be found on Luckbox’s CS:GO matches page and each individual page includes expected rosters, and the live stream for the match in a choice of broadcast language.
Types of CS:GO Bets
At Luckbox, we have some typical CS:GO bets including:
- CS:GO Match result - Who will win the match?
- Correct score - The result of the match (for example, 2-1 or 2-0 in a best-of-three).
- Map winner - Who will win map 1, who wins map 2?
- Total maps - Will there be two maps or three maps in a best-of-three?
- Total rounds in a given map - Will the number of rounds in map one be higher or lower than a given number?
- Advantage betting - Will team A win with a plus or minus headstart?
- Race to 5 or 10 rounds - Who will get to 5 rounds or 10 rounds in a given map?
- Overtime - Will a given map go to overtime?
- Live betting: What about a live bet on CS with a single tap on your favourite team’s game-play screen? Tempted by a punt on the next kill? With Luckbox, that’s possible to make your bets via CS:GO live betting.
Don’t miss the Free Bets
Most esports betting sites, including Luckbox, offer free bets on CS:GO to attract and retain customers. When looking at free esports bets, just make sure you know the rules and what you need to do to qualify. Some will have certain requirements, meaning you need to make a certain number of bets before you can withdraw any winnings.
Read the terms and conditions closely and, if you're not sure, contact support. They’ll be happy to provide assistance.
What’s next on CS:GO Betting?
With the conclusion of IEM Katowice, here’s a peek at the upcoming major CS:GO events with the biggest prize pools in 2022.
- ESL Pro League Season 15 (IEM Cologne) - Prize Pool: $823,000
- Copenhagen Games 2022 - Prize Pool: TBD
- PGL Major Antwerp 2022 - Prize Pool: $1,000,000
- BLAST Premier: Spring Showdown 2022 - Prize Pool: $135,000
- BLAST Premier: Spring Finals 2022 - Prize Pool: $425,000
- ESL Pro League Season 16 - Prize Pool: $835,000
- BLAST Premier: World Final 2022 - Prize Pool: $1,000,000
What else you need to know
You got the basics, signed up for a Luckbox account and ready to bet on CS:GO.. Congratulations! Before you go, we may still have tips for you to broaden your interest and deepen your knowledge.
- For better understanding of CS:GO esports and where to pay attention while watching CS:GO competitions, read How to watch a CS:GO match
- If you need to know more about CS:GO terms, you can read our article: Esports Lingo: 30 CS:GO terms you need to know
- To see how a single player can occasionally become a one-man army and wipe out the competition, look at the Best aces in CS:GO events
- If you want to know more about ingame economy which has a crucial role and huge importance on providing advantage, read CS:GO Economy Guide 2022
- To see which teams are shining on the CS:GO esports scene, see Top 10 CS:GO teams of 2021
- For the list of the CS:GO competitions throughout the year with the biggest prize pool and the most fierce competition, read Five CS:GO tournaments with highest prize pool
Best teams to bet on CS:GO in 2022
Let’s take a look at some of the best teams to bet on in CS:GO as of 2022:
- G2 Esports - Winners of IEM Katowice 2022, they bested the best of best
- NAVI - Another dominating team which has “s1mple” on their roster, who’s considered the best of best among CS:GO players.
- Gambit Esports - Second place on the best CS:GO Teams HLTV rankings after NAVI
- FaZe Clan - Fourth place on the best CS:GO Teams HLTV rankings
- Vitality - Fifth place on the best CS:GO Teams HLTV rankings
Luckbox lives and breathes esports. If you are looking for the best teams to bet on CS:GO through a legal and safe bookmaker for esports betting, visit Luckbox for CS:GO live betting, information on best CS:GO betting odds, esports betting and more. Sign up now and enjoy a 100% bonus on your first deposit.